So, a few years ago I decided to take part in a small blog-based project called “101 in 1001″ wherein participants come up with 101 goals or tasks they’d like to accomplish within 1001 days’ time and track their progress. Needless to say, it’s a bit difficult to compile the goals as well as actually remember to do them, but I actually fared decently well!
In more recent years, The Internet has made it much easier to keep up with these lists by way of a site called Day Zero. It’s pretty neat, and allows for a lot more simplicity in keeping track of your progress. Of course… I’d like to keep track of some things here, too. I recommend everyone take part in this. Even if you don’t finish everything on your list, it’s still really nice to have a deadline to motivate you to do things you’ve always wanted to do but instead just said, “Well, eventually I will.”
My full list and progress notes are located here, but the text version is below.
- Get to my goal weight range and maintain.
- Become comfortable with not wearing a cardigan/coat/sleeves.
Try a full detox.(July 2nd, 2012)
- Get a professional massage.
- Paint my nails at least 20 different colors/styles.
- Try/Buy a new perfume.
- Buy a new swimsuit.
Buy a pair of statement shoes.(May 4th, 2012)
- Make amends with at least one ex-friend.
Reconnect with one different old friend per month. Move to New York City.(July 31st, 2013) Get a job in New York City.(September 14th, 2012)
- Learn to identify 5 constellations.
- Learn 50 new things by clicking the random articles button on Wikipedia.
- Learn at least 300 words in foreign languages.
- Learn at least 10 interesting facts about 10 countries I know nothing about.
- Learn how to properly meditate.
- Complete a Wikiversity course.
- Get to at least 1300 films ranked on Criticker.
- Watch all of IMDB’S Top 250 Movies.
See a movie in 3D.(May 30th, 2012) Watch at least one foreign film in a language I’ve never watched a film in before.(June 24th, 2012)
- Watch at least 25 documentaries on subjects I know nothing about.
Watch at least two television documentaries with my dad.(May 13th, 2012) Find a new television series and watch every episode start to finish.(June 24th, 2012)
- Watch a movie at a drive-in.
Attend a film festival.(November, 2012) Get to at least 5000 artists on Last.FM.(November, 2012)
- Listen to every song in my iTunes library.
- Learn a complete Lady Gaga dance.
- Go to at least 15 shows/concerts.
See Sigur Rós live again.(July 31st, 2012)
- Post to Flickaday at least 50 times.
- Ask 20 friends to suggest one book, and read them all.
- Read all the books currently on my shelf.
- Go to the library at least 5 times, just to read.
Keep a “My Day in Six Words” journal for 6 months.(November, 2012)
- Compile/Write down at least 100 favorite memories.
- Completely fill my Moleskine.
Buy a new Moleskine once this one is complete.(May 4th, 2012)
- Start a separate, new Moleskine. In it, compile lyrics, quotes, inspirations, etc.
- Make at least 50 mix cd’s/playlists.
- Maintain a working blog.
- Submit an article to at least 5 new publications.
- Create and complete a cross-stitch.
- Complete a crossword book.
- Try at least 10 new recipes.
- Try at least 10 new foods.
- Try at least 20 new kinds of tea.
Try at least 5 new kinds of alcohol.(June 11th, 2012)
- Try at least 50 new wines and document them.
Make chocolate croissants for Bubba and Ginger.(July 22nd, 2012) Cook an entire meal for my dad.(July 17th, 2012) Bake a carrot cake for my dad.(June 16th, 2012)
- Make deviled eggs.
Make rootbeer floats.(July 22nd, 2012)
- Make hummus.
- Go wine-tasting.
Plant a window box herb garden.(February, 2013)
- Buy a Foreman grill.
- Host a cocktail party.
Host a cookie exchange.(December, 2012)
- Host a cheese and wine tasting party.
Host a dinner party.(February 16th, 2013)
- Host a potluck.
Have a girl night with my sisters.(July 13th, 2012)
- Take at least two big trips.
Go to a play.(May 11th, 2012)
- Go to a ballet.
Go to a poetry reading.(November, 2012)
- See a comedian live.
- Go laser tagging.
Go to a flea market.(December, 2012)
- Visit art museums/exhibits at least 10 times.
- Visit a museum for something I know nothing about.
- Attend a fashion runway show.
- Go Geocaching.
- Attend a wedding.
- Take photos in at least 5 different photobooths.
- Discover at least 10 new-to-me restaurants/cafes/bars.
Become a recognized regular somewhere.(December, 2012)
- See a psychic and get my fortune told.
- Use my Polaroid film before it goes bad.
Buy myself an interesting coffee mug.(November, 2012) Sing karaoke at a bar.(May 26th, 2012) Put change in someone’s expired parking meter.(June, 2012)
- Buy at least 5 just-because gifts.
- Identify at least 10 people who inspire/influence me and write them a letter about it.
- Tip a street musician.
Buy a piece of art from a local artist.(November, 2012)
- Buy at least 5 things from Etsy that others have created.
Clean out closet and nightstand.(July, 2012) Clean out my inbox.(May 5th, 2012) Clean out my car.(May 23rd, 2012)
- Pay off at least one student loan.
Make $200 on ChaCha.(January, 2013) Redesign my resume.(June, 2012)
- Retake my license photo.
- Request a physical copy of my university diploma (as the original was lost in the mail!).
- Buy something with my Adorama gift card.
Sell/donate/give away old books.(July, 2012)
Italicized means In Progress.
Strikethrough means Completed (on date).
Start date: May 3rd, 2012.
End date: January 28th, 2015.
Last updated: February 19th, 2013.